Thursday 31 January 2008

What I did last weekend

On Saturday I had to deliver a book to my parents in Twickenham, and as it was a nice day I thought I'd cycle. It is about 25 miles each way so no biggie really. However there was a nice wind pushing me there, which meant a not so nice headwind on the way home. Anyway, 50 miles in the little ring is quite enough at the moment.

I popped into Sigma Sports on the way home, to see how they were getting on selling Zym. It was apparently selling OK, but not as well as Nuun. Still, I know that the Nuun salesman tries so hard that some shops are fed up with him, and I also know that Nuun play dirty in their marketing, trying to keep us out of the way! Never mind.

The ride felt good, and the new bike flies. I will have to get used to the saddle though.

Then on Sunday, after a rather later than anticipated night, Iain and I rode over to near Windsor. This was pretty much all new roads for me, and when I saw the road called "Steep Hill" I thought it would be better to avoid it.

I really must remember to take food with me. Although I had all the liquid I needed, I had not eaten breakfast (it really does not suit me) and by the end of the ride was feeling rather weak. I also find that on unfamiliar roads, when you have no idea how far you are from home, it just gets harder.

I really think that Rich should not worry about his fitness, but as this was his first ride of the year, he may need to get used to long rides. It is all about getting the body used to hours in the saddle.

Iain is doing brilliantly and manages to stay cheerful too! Long may it last.

No comments: