Sunday 13 January 2008

Sunday 13th January

Today Ciaran, Iain and I went out and did a nice 40 mile circuit, although I must admit my legs were a bit tired from overdoing it yesterday. I had gone out with a friend who is a serious racer, and he is fit and I am not.
Anyway, it was not cold and was not raining, but was a bit blustery, so was a good ride. We went over to Bramley, then Hascombe (home of the White Horse pub) (as an aside here, getting out and about on the bike means you discover more places and good looking pubs, but since we are training, we just have to ride by ...). From there we headed over to Chiddingfold, where Ciaran's answering the call of nature was (possibly) observed by a lady running to church.
From there we headed over to Haslemere, up the long hills through Grayswood, and then to Hindhead up another long hill. From there it was almost all downhill to Elstead (past the former homes of 2 old girlfriends) and over to Puttenham. Then up to the Hogs Back and home to Guildford.
I had started out this morning with a bowl of ready brek, and drank my 2 750ml bottles of Zym electrolyte drink, and by the time I got home I was hungry.
It is always nice to get out and see the countryside with a couple of mates, so I really enjoyed it, but the last couple of days have shown me that there is a long way to go yet.

1 comment:

Malted said...

Tell them about the lovely bike your long suffering wife gave you for Christmas (& birthday & next Christmas...)!